22 Dec Click-to-message, the latest Google innovation to increase reservation, is almost here!
Google never stops and at an incredible speed launches several new tools to increase the business of those who, like you, manage a hotel or any other type of accommodation facilities.
In fact, the Silicon Valley giant has carried out a research among those who use smartphones to surf the Internet, and found out that 65% of the US, UK, Canada and Australia consumers do so in order to get information on a product or service they would like to purchase by text.
Do you know what this means for you and for your business? It means that you can connect directly to those who are looking for your rooms, offering them your availability thanks to a fast and immediate booking methods.
Shall we discover together this new, revolutionary tool that enables you to get more reservations thanks to an real-time communication system?
Google click-to-message for hotel and accommodation facilities
First of all, let me explain this: click-to-message is an extension of Google AdWords, the system provided by Google to create publicity for you through paid advertisements.
This means that, when a user makes a search on Google, let’s say for instance he is looking for a room in your city, the first results he finds, those higher than the others and that correspond to the words used in the research, are exactly the paid advertisements of hotels or OTAs.
When the user clicks on one of these paid ads, the one of a hotel or any other accommodation facility, an App he has on his smartphone opens automatically and a pre-written text appears that the user will send to the accommodation.
For instance, the message could say: “I would like to book a room, give me more information please”, or, “I would like to stay in your city on Christmas time. Do you have any special offer?” and so on. The hotel or the accommodation facility will receive the text and could answer the potential customer, getting a reservation in real time.
Do you realize what big opportunity to increase revenues Click-to-message offers?
What you need to do in order to use this new marketing service for hotel managers is simply this:
- Create your AdWords ad on Google (obviously a paid ad)
- Put an extension with your telephone number on your advert
- Set up a pre-written text (like one of those we have seen above)
- Specify when (in what hours) you can reply (outside of these hours set up an automatic answering machine)
- Indicate the guidelines for managing customers’ requests to your team (assigning the task to reply to messages to one of your employee)
To someone the big revolution of Click-to-message is the possibility to save on OTAs’ commissions. In fact, the customer can contact your facility directly, asking for information in the same way as if speaking with you over the phone, and booking directly without going through booking websites.
Therefore, Click-to-message could become an epochal change for those who operate in the tourism and hospitality field. A change already partly announced by Google Hotel Ads that practically transforms Google in a real OTA.
Click-to-message is currently operative in some countries, but Google has already announced that it will soon be available also in those countries where it is not yet operating, like Italy.
Google and Parity Rate together to increase your reservations and revenues
We already talk about Google Hotel Ads in this article that I suggest you to read in order to know how to take full advantage of Google and TripAdvisor and increase your reservations, saving on commissions’ costs.
But I still want to summarize here what are the benefits if you choose to take advantage of this real-time booking service that enables web users to book rooms and stays directly via Google Search and Google Maps.
First of all, let’s talk about the costs you’ll have for commissions.
When you use common OTAs, for every booking you get you have to pay a commission of 15 to 18% of the room price to a maximum of 25%.
Google Hotel Ads commissions don’t exceed the 10-12% and you pay them ONLY when the reservation is confirmed. This means that if the user clicks on your facility and doesn’t book, you don’t have to pay anything to Google!
What other benefits you get if you use Google as OTA?
Being the biggest search engine in the world, you will surely have a huge online visibility, be seen by a very high number of potential customers, compete directly against OTAs as you can choose more convenient rates and get an incredible traffic on your website.
Now, as Click-to-message is not yet available all over the world, my advice is to not miss the chance to use Google Hotel Ads straight away, if you really want to get all the advantages that I showed you for your business.
And thanks to Parity Rate, the Cloud-based Italian Channel Manager leader in Europe, that you can use and consult online, you can connect to Google Hotel Ads for absolutely FREE.
In fact, while other providers charge you to connect to Google Hotel Ads, with Parity Rate (one of the very few Channel Managers in the world that is Google partner) you can save on costs and take advantage of the big potentialities of this real-time booking service.
And it doesn’t end there, because ONLY Parity Rate offers you, in addition to the typical features of a specialized Channel Manager:
- Automatic download of the bookings from the websites
- Automatic inventory synchronization according to the sales (to avoid Overbooking)
- Automatic rates’ variation according to reservations received
- Smart allotment management
- The update rule of the several tariff schemes linked to the different type of rooms or websites
- 200 pms and booking engine connected
- Automatic transmission of bookings to hotel’s PMS
- FREE connections to Booking Engine and PMS (while other providers charge you for this)
- 7/7 helpline, also at the weekends, holidays and bank holidays (other providers DON’T give you continued care)
- Channel Manager also interconnected with the GDS.
Moreover, if you rent apartments Parity Rate:
- Enables you to insert different id and passwords for single website (with no additional costs)
- is also connected with the specific apartments websites like Airbnb, Wimdu, Only-apartments, Migoa, Holiday Lettings, and HomeAway
- You use it straight away thanks to the easy and intuitive interface you learn in 2 minutes
- It also works as a basic management software visualizing the actual availability ( and you can manually also insert reservations taken by phone)
Parity Rate is the fully featured Channel Manager with everything you need for an accurate, easy and efficient management of your online offers. And it enables you to exploit for FREE the Google Hotel Ads instant booking service paying only commissions to Google.
Just try Parity Rate for 30 days and ask one of our experts for detailed information on how you can increase your reservations and revenues thanks to our Channel Manager, specially designed for accommodation facilities like yours.
The 30-day Parity Rate trial is FREE
with no obligation, no credit card and no compulsory contract.
Moreover, we will give you the Web guide for accommodation facilities. How to automatically increase bookings and sales, that we recommend you to read if you want to raise customers flow thanks to an automatic system, already tested from more than 3.200 of your colleagues.
The Guide will arrive in your email box and it will take you only few minutes to read.
To download your Free Guide CLICK HERE!